First United Methodist Church, 1203 E. Seventh Street, Auburn, IN
October 14, 2013, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
PRESENT : Holly Albright, Molly Arens, Deborah Argast, Paulette Bentley, Jeffrey Burns, Rebecca Carothers, Shannon Carpenter, Lisa Christen, Megan Curtis, Pamela Deetz, Randall Deetz, Kelly Dunham, Melissa Eshbach, Kay Finchum, Mark Franke, Shannon Gage, Sherry Grate, Sherry Hanchar, Julie Hill-Lauer, Sue Houser, Julie Isbell, Shirley Johnson, Kyle Kirby, Rodrick Knox, Suzanne Laker, Kaylee Lettau, Mark Levy, Julie Lochner, Nora McCann, Ken McCrory, Brad McDaniel, John Ober, Wendy Oberlin, Becky Pfeffer, Trisha Prezbindowski, Mary Ellen Rayle, Terry Rayle, Jennifer Redwine, Karen Rice, Julia Rice, Alison Rynearson, Megan Satkowiak, Barry Schrock, Sonja Situm, Charles Schmidt, Ben Smaltz, Judy Sorg, Chris Straw, Alyce Thompson, Julia Tipton, Matt Toth, Jeffrey Turner, Ryan Twiss, Sandra Wilcox, Jerry Yoder, Norman Yoder, Paula Yoder, Tanya Young, Pat Zakula, Callie Zonker (McDougald). Total: 61
WELCOME – JEFF TURNER, LEARNING LINK STEERING COMMITTEE
- Turner asked guests to consider “team questions” during dinner. Questions were listed on a handout on dinner tables and revolving on the screen.
MODERATOR – JEFF BURNS, LEARNING LINK STEERING COMMITTEE CHAIR
- Burns introduced Learning Link team reporters and the agenda for the working dinner meeting.
See “What We’re Doing and What We’ve Accomplished” for each team. Reporters were:
• Adult Lifelong Learning/Parenting Education – Melissa Eshbach, Star Technologies
• Adult Lifelong Learning/Education & Training – Jerry Yoder, Lean Enterprise Software Solutions
• K-12/School-business partnerships – Chris Straw, Team Quality Services; Becky Pfeffer, DeKalb Central Community Connections Coordinator
• Kindergarten-12th grade education/3rd grade literacy – Julia Tipton, McKenney-Harrison; Megan Curtis, Waterloo Elementary
• Early Childhood – Deb Argast, community volunteer