Parenting Education: What We’re Doing And What We’ve Accomplished
ADULT LIFELONG LEARNING PARENTING EDUCATION
OVERVIEW APRIL 2016
|DeKalb County Parent Participation|
|Childcare Resource and Referral||Early Childhood Alliance||98||98||170|
|123-Toddler Friends||Eckhart Public Library||60||134*||144*|
|Have a Healthy Baby||Purdue Extension||4||5||0**|
|Piece by Piece||Purdue Extension||27||36||14|
|Prenatal and Breastfeeding||DeKalb Health||80||100||100|
|Network for Safe Families||SCAN||41||33||44|
|Redirecting Children’s Behavior||Children First Center||3||12||53|
|Nurturing Parent||Children First Center||84||11||12|
|Optional Parent Training||GKB Head Start||23||127||Pending|
|Parent Orientation||GKB Head Start||174||199||Pending|
|Healthy Families||Children’First Center||44|
|Positive Discipline For Children||St. Mark’s Lutheran Church||25||18|
|Understanding and Parenting Teenagers||St. Mark’s Lutheran Church||18||22|
*Includes parents and cargivers attending with children
**Now a program of the Health Dept. and Division of Child Services
DeKalb County adults participating in continual learning to improve themselves, their families and their community.
What we’ll accomplish
- Increase the number of DeKalb County teens and adults who participate in learning opportunities to enhance their parenting skills.
Data we’re using to measure progress
- Annual number of DeKalb County teen and adult participants enrolled in activities and programs designed to enhance parenting skills.
Baseline: In 2010, 959 DeKalb County participants in identified programs
- Analyzed parent responses to their “biggest challenges” via a survey (2015). Common themes included:
- parents want the help; and
- “time management” was a commonly-cited issue.
What we’re doing to achieve our goals
- Maintaining and adding online parent resources to the Parent Resources brochure and Learning Link website. See www.LLDeKalb.org and click on Parenting.
- Hosting a Facebook page for learning opportunities that support parents. Posts reach an average of 200 followers.
- Inviting program providers to submit their posts of parent learning opportunities for approval for the team’s Facebook page. Search DeKalb County Parents, then Like and Share.
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing And What We’ve Accomplished October 2015
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing And What We’ve Accomplished April 2015
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing And What We’ve Accomplished October 2013
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing and What We’ve Accomplished April 2013
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing and What We’ve Accomplished October 2012
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing and What We’ve Accomplished April 2012
- Parenting Education: What We’re Doing and What We’ve Accomplished October 2011