ADULT LIFELONG LEARNING PARENTING EDUCATION
OVERVIEW APRIL 2015
|Childcare Resource and Referral||Early Childhood Alliance||131||98||98|
|123-Toddler Friends||Eckhart Public Library||416||60||134|
|Have a Healthy Baby||Purdue Extension||8||4||5|
|Piece by Piece||Purdue Extension||14||27||36|
|Prenatal and Breastfeeding||DeKalb Health||156||80||100|
|Redirecting Children’s Behavior||Children First Center||48||3||12|
|Parent Orientation||GKB Head Start||279||174||299|
|Optional Parent Training||GKB Head Start||58||23||127|
|Network for Safe Families||SCAN||33||41||33|
|Nurturing Parent||Children First Center||27||84||11|
|Positive Discipline For Children||St. Mark’s Lutheran Church||25|
|Understanding and Parenting Teenagers||St. Mark’s Lutheran Church||18|
DeKalb County adults participating in continual learning to improve themselves, their families and their community.
What we’ll accomplish
- Increase the number of DeKalb County teens and adults who participate in learning opportunities to enhance their parenting skills.
Data we’re using to measure progress
- Annual number of DeKalb County teen and adult participants enrolled in activities and programs designed to enhance parenting skills.
Baseline: In 2010, 959 DeKalb County participants in identified programs
- TBD (failed to meet early goal of a 10% annual increase)
- Participation in identified programs dropped significantly from 2012 to 2013. In 2014, we saw a participation increase of 51% (from 594 to 898).
- To promote parent learning, the team: (1) hired a professional to create original artwork; and (2) are placing a billboard on SR 8 for May and June.
- The Learning Link parenting team now has a Facebook page! Search ‘Learning Link’ on Facebook, then ‘like’ and ‘share’.
What we’re doing to achieve our goals
- Collecting information related to parents’ expressed challenges for interested program providers.
- Asking organizations to share their parent learning opportunities with us for posting on Facebook. Please send admissions to Melissa Eshbach or Judy Sorg.
- Maintaining a comprehensive Parent Resources brochure of learning opportunities designed to enhance parenting skills. See www.LLDeKalb.org and click on ‘Parenting’.