KINDERGARTEN – 12TH GRADE EDUCATION
SCHOOL – BUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS
OVERVIEW APRIL 2016
in DeKalb County Schools
|Cadet teaching/peer tutoring||199||162||135|
|Special education internships||2||16||14|
|Project Lead the Way Engineering||206||211||166|
|Project Lead the Way Biomedical Sciences||7||31||52|
|Graphic Media Design||270||266||283|
|JAG Program (Jobs for America’s Graduates)||62|
|Total student participation||1,031||1,039||1,046|
DeKalb County students attain outstanding performance as measured by academic, vocational, and civic achievement.
What we’ll accomplish
Increase the number of high school students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed in post-secondary education and economically viable career opportunities (IN Dept. of Education, 2015).
Data we’re using to measure progress
College and Career Readiness (CCR) scores: The percentage of high school students who have passed an advanced placement exam, earned college credit, or passed an industry-recognized certification exam.
Target: TBD (To be determined)
DeKalb County students considered ‘college and career ready’ upon high school graduation*
*Indiana Department of Education, DeKalb County public and private schools
- In 2014, DeKalb County’s percentage of “college and career ready” students was the second highest in the 10-county northeast IN region next to Adams County.
What we’re doing to achieve our goals
- Collaborating with the Career Success Coalition and Learning Link’s Adult Education & Training team.
- Promoting Garrett HS’s upcoming Game Day, May 11.
- Participated in the DeKalb Chamber’s March 3 Career Expo, serving nearly 100 high school juniors and seniors, along with 35 adults.
- Promoted the Career Success Coalition’s FAFSA (federal student aid) workshops conducted in DeKalb County’s 4 public libraries; served 30-40 high school seniors and their families from 4 northeast Indiana counties.
- Ongoing recruitment of community professionals willing to share their career expertise with students; maintaining a searchable database of 130 speakers as a tool for teachers.
- Met with Ryne Krock regarding Launch LaGrange County, a business plan competition with the county’s high schools.