DeKalb County students attain outstanding performance as measured by academic, vocational, and civic achievement.
What we’ll accomplish
Increase the number of students prepared for work, post-secondary learning and career achievement.
- Number of students impacted by school-business partnerships.
- Types of business and community partnerships involved with schools.
- Number of connections made between schools and businesses.
- Number of 9th – 12th grade students participating in experiential learning through DeKalb County schools.
- Not yet determined.
- The DeKalb Central School District opened DeKalb New Tech in Fall 2012 as a “school within a school”. There are 118 students presently enrolled.
- Developed a searchable database including 122 guest speakers as a tool for teachers to invite community leaders into classrooms, thereby exposing students to employers and career options in DeKalb County.
- DeKalb High School has matched 5 students 1:1 with 5 HOPE mentors to focus on career development; seeking additional mentors for students at DeKalb High School.
What we’re doing to achieve our goals
- The community speakers database is being promoted for use by DeKalb County middle and high school teachers through a video. The video was produced by eight high school students, assisted by Marketing teacher, Mark Rohm.
- The video may be viewed at: http://youtu.be/U3q-Ys8UGDs
- Ongoing recruitment of community professionals willing to share their career