KINDERGARTEN – 12TH GRADE EDUCATION
SCHOOL – BUSINESS PARTNERSHIPS
OVERVIEW OCTOBER 2015
in DeKalb County Schools
|Cadet teaching/peer tutoring||199||162||135|
|Special education internships||2||16||14|
|Project Lead the Way Engineering||206||211||166|
|Project Lead the Way Biomedical Sciences||7||31||52|
|Graphic Media Design||270||266||283|
|JAG Program (Jobs for America’s Graduates)||62|
|Total student participation||1,031||1,039||1,046|
DeKalb County students attain outstanding performance as measured by academic, vocational, and civic achievement.
What we’ll accomplish
Increase the number of high school students with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to succeed in post-secondary education and economically viable career opportunities (IN Dept. of Education, 2015).
Data we’re using to measure progress – New!
College and Career Readiness (CCR) scores: The percentage of high school students who have passed an advanced placement exam, earned college credit, or passed an industry-recognized certification exam.
Target: TBD (To be determined)
DeKalb County students considered ‘college and career ready’ upon high school graduation*
*As measured by the Indiana Department of Education, public and private schools in DeKalb County
- DeKalb County’s percentage of “college and career ready” students is the second highest in the northeast IN region next to Adams County
What we’re doing to achieve our goals
- Identified an outcome measure, College and Career Readiness (IN Dept. of Education), that will guide activities going forward and focus the team’s work.
- Reviewing online resources available for career education.
- Sharing the contacts of community-based extra-curricular activities for youth, K-12, with schools by request. Students engaged in extra-curricular activities are known to perform at higher levels in in math and reading, and are more likely to aspire to learning beyond high school.
- Ongoing recruitment of community professionals willing to share their career expertise with students; maintaining a searchable database of 130 speakers as a tool for teachers.
- Working with the DeKalb County Career Success Coalition to advance skill training and educational attainment; participated in the September 22 Indiana Youth Institute Four-county Business & Education Summit.